Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A publicly viewable letter to my wife. :D

My dearest and most wonderful wife,

Every day I wake up excited that we were put in the right place at the right time to meet one another. I was never a true believer in destiny until you became a part of my life.

I was in love with you the minute I met you. I felt inexplicably linked to you from the moment we first shared greetings. When you sat next to me with that nervous posture, I was absolutely amazed and befuddled that such a beautiful woman was initiating a conversation with me. I carry that amazement with me every day.

Our life together has not been easy. We have been through some very hard times. When the baby that we were both so excited about was never able to meet us in person, I was absolutely crushed...heartbroken...just broken. I will never forget that child, and grief swells inside of me every time I think of that horrible time...but what hurt me more than my pain was the knowledge that you were hurting.

God always has a plan, I have been told, and I realize that the little boy that He graced us with would not have been who he is had it not been for that crushing event. We never would have known his wonderful little personality and that excited grin he greets us with when we walk into the room. I feel like God gave us our baby back, blessing us with something more wonderful than we could have even hoped for.

I will grieve forever for the child we lost, but I will also be thankful that all of the circumstances that we endured led us to where we are today.

When you were diagnosed with Cushing's, and I contemplated the idea of you having a tumor on your brain, I was absolutely terrified. I did not always act like the overly concerned, panicked husband, but my soul was screaming out to God, begging Him to let you be okay. I tried to be a little too strong through your struggles, and I think I might have unintentionally led you to believe through that feigned strength that I was less concerned than I was. I was dying inside as I prayed that you would be taken care of.

It has not been easy, my love, but regardless of all of the painful things we have endured together, I have never known such happiness even in pain.

You are a gift from God, and I love you more than you can possibly imagine. I love you with my heart and soul.

You are my world, and I am so glad that you choose to be with me every day.

You are wonderful.

1 comment:

"Spite" said...

Wow baby! I'm speechless! I don't know how to respond to that. Thank you. I love you very much!