Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's my birthday, and I'll cry if I want to.

It's been a while since my last post, but that is an issue that will not be repeated.

I turn 29 today, and here I sit in front of my computer filled with a brand of dread I've not before experienced. It occurred to me a couple of days ago that I am only 4 years younger than my father was when he died. It also occurred to me that I am now officially too old to try out for American Idol. Most terrifying: I have one more year left before I reach 30.

I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I remember a time not so long ago when I thought 30 was frigging ANCIENT.

Even better: My car decided it doesn't want to function any more. As I drive for a living, that is a bit of a problem. I found a car that I really like, but I'm about $500 shy of what I need in order to buy it. SUCKS.

So it sort of feels like the world is crashing down around me, and I have no control over it.

I need to go start greeting 5 year old children who are coming to celebrate my daughter's birthday. (She was the gift I received for my birthday five years ago today.)

Anyone got $500 they don't need? lol

No comments: